1. First off, if you somehow missed my obnoxious announcements on Twitter (sorry about that), Some Quiet Place is now available on NetGalley. I don't decide whose requests are granted, because I'm so excited that I would probably give it to everyone. Which probably wouldn't be good. But if you're a blogger, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? And have I mentioned how exciting I find this? I have? Sorry about that. Again.
2. A Game of Secrets is still going on! We would love for everyone to get involved, so check it out if you haven't already. There is writing and there are prizes. What more could anyone ask for? Chocolate, you say? Well, you might lose your appetite after you read this murder mystery, so maybe it's for the best that it isn't one of the prizes. But there are mustache-themed things. Enough said.
3. It was spring break this past week, which means that I've neglected to do anything school-related and instead threw myself into reading and writing books. Amazing things I read include titles like Boundless by Cynthia Hand, the last in this trilogy. All I will say is that I did cry, I did laugh, and I did feel satisfaction with how it ended. If you haven't inhaled Unearthly yet, what are you waiting for? I also finished Crewel by Gennifer Albin. Basically I started it in the afternoon when it was bright outside, and when I turned the last page it had somehow become night. That is all.
4. Spiders. Random, yes, but now that it's getting warm again, they've come back. To haunt me, to frighten me, to scare years off my life when I get into the shower and there it is, just hanging out in the corner. And they're getting bigger. I find it mildly concerning that every time I let out a bloodcurdling scream, none of my neighbors come running. Maybe they've gotten used to it? Or maybe us Minnesotans aren't as nice as I once believed. Great. Let's just hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't really happen, because if it does I'm screwed.
5. I have fallen completely in love with Jennifer Lawrence. If her performances in The Hunger Games or Silver Linings Playbook didn't do it, this interview did:
Have a great week, you guys!