1. Very traumatic experience this Friday. Just so everyone knows, I am never sleeping again. This morning I woke up because of a tickling sensation on my leg. Frowning sleepily, I lifted the covers... and saw the biggest freaking spider in existence crawling up my thigh. I screamed bloody murder, leapt from the bed, and scared the crap out of my poor pets. We are all scarred and I am now sleeping on the couch. (Yes, I have such big problems.)
2. Lately I've been writing my books differently. While this method is effective, it also takes longer to finish them. I know, that makes no sense, so I'll explain. What I've been doing is going through my outline and writing the big scenes, the scenes I'm aching to do, the ones I see in my head as I drive to the coffee shop. I get a lot done very fast because I'm so excited to get it all out on paper. What takes longer, though, is the scenes in between. The "filler" scenes, so to speak. These I'm not so eager to do, so I sort of drag my feet getting to them. Thus, a conundrum. I'm quick to begin and slow to finish. Wait... maybe that's not so different from how I usually write.
3. I quit my job recently, the first of many changes in my life. I did it so I can focus on school, mainly. And now I have way more time for writing, as well, so I feel good about it. My little house is full of boxes and cleaning supplies. I'll be moving at the end of the month, so it's going to be very busy around here the next couple of weeks. I'm not leaving town, or anything. Just moving in with some roommates since the money won't be rolling in anymore.
4. Something strange has been happening the last few nights. Should I share it? You might think I'm even weirder than you already do. Okay, fine, I'll tell you. Just because I need five things to say, and this isn't completely boring for a reader. So. Every night I've had this dream. Now, when I wake up it's fuzzy and I can't remember the details. All I know is that in the dream I'm convinced someone is coming to visit me. What's so strange about that? The fact that I actually get up in the middle of the night, half-awake, and get dressed. Literally. Because I don't want my visitor to come and find me in my pajamas. So then when I wake up in the morning, I'm dressed. I know. I'm a freak. But my mother is convinced someone is actually coming to visit soon. Guess we'll see.
5. Great movie alert. Lately I've been into watching oldies, and I stumbled across Dying Young on Netflix. Yeah, I know, it's not exactly new. I loved it. The story, the characters. Julia Roberts, for those of you who are like me, and have yet to see it. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or wimpier (that's totally a word), but I've started crying. At everything. And anything. I'm annoying myself. Poor roommates, huh?