1. I've been hearing so much about Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series that I finally went to the book store this week and bought the first two. I am really enjoying it so far. If I had to pick one word to describe this author's writing it would be... steamy. Yes, I went there. Now you know you have to find out for yourself.
2. School and work have been insane. I leave at 7:30 in the morning and sometimes don't come home until 9:00. I vaguely remember writing a blog post saying that if writing was really a priority, we have to make time for it. While I stand by this, I understand better now when my friends tell me it's easier said than done. Which reminds me, I have four tests to study for this weekend...
3. Today one of my co-workers was passing me in the hallway and he commented, "Smile once in a while! It helps." I stared at him blankly for a moment, and by the time his words registered he was gone. But it really made me pause. I think sometimes everyone gets so caught up in life, in the craziness and all the stuff that needs to get done, that we forget to live it once in a while. So I thought I would share my lesson here, for those of you that find yourselves in the same boat as me. Stop. Breathe. Smile. Think of something that makes you happy, like puppies or rainbows or bookstores. Better yet, go find one of those things and enjoy it for a few minutes.
4. What do you guys think about cliffhangers? I might do a post on this later on, but it's been on my mind lately. I poked around online and most of the reactions I found were negative. I hate cliffhangers, how could the author leave us hanging like that, etc., etc. Oddly enough, I enjoy them. I use them. Am I finding all the wrong blog posts, or do most people genuinely dislike those shocking endings?
5. American Idol is back on. Who's watching it? I don't know if it's just getting to be the same after eleven seasons, or if my tastes have changed, but last night I didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. Steven is amusing, of course, and there are those cringe-worthy auditions that are horrible and fascinating to watch. Yet I kept changing the channel. I guess I'll give it a couple more weeks and see if my mindset changes.