1. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate in NaNoWriMo this year. I'm still working on my YA dystopian and I'm bound and determined to finish it, even if I suspect it sucks. I wish those of you who are doing NaNo the best of luck, and if you need someone for moral support or just an opinion, I'd love to help. Shoot me an e-mail. I'm very good at guilting someone into writing when procrastination comes knocking. Not sure if this is a good skill to possess, considering it may be the reason some people avoid talking to me...
2. The reason I haven't finished the W.I.P. yet is because I've been reading. I forgot how fun it can be. I know, how can a writer forget something like that? But believe you me, it happens. Recent reads were The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. In a word, amazing. What else... Oh! The Maze Runner and The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. Again, just one word: riveting. As soon as I finished the first one I went out and bought the second. I would totally buy the third but I have a fetish about my books matching, and I possess paperbacks, so I'll just have to wait. Yes, I am strange. I accepted this a long time ago.
3. I've been looking for new music to write to. Does anyone have recommendations? My tastes run along Snow Patrol, OneRepublic, The Fray, and Ben Harper to name a few. Recently I bought Skinny Love, a cover by Birdy. If you like gentle, tragic music, I suggest you check it out.
4. School and work are going fine. Not much to report there, but since this is pretty much my life, I thought I would mention it. For those of you who don't know yet, I work at an advertising company, and I go to a small university. Are any of you doing school? I'm going for my BA in English. It's hard to imagine myself at the front of a classroom - especially since I tend to make inappropriate jokes when I'm nervous - so we'll have to see what I do with it.
5. I've been watching WAY too much T.V. Seriously, it's kind of sad. Even my friends comment on it. There's just so many good shows out there right now! Okay, well, if I'm honest, I have to admit that some of the shows I watch aren't good, exactly. I've just invested myself in them and feel an obligation to see what happens, even if the storyline or the characters are dumb. Here is what I'm watching this year: Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, Ringer, New Girl, Revenge, Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, Nikita, Grim, and Once Upon a Time. What are you watching?